Gingerbread biscuits : recipe from Rosalind of bake Off Italia
I took the recipe directly from Rosalind, the competitor of the fifth edition of Bake Off Italia, so I went on the safe side, plus it gave me some advice to make a perfect icing for decoration!
I made a small variation about the recipe. Since I did not have brown sugar, I decided to put 150g of granulated sugar instead of 100g of caster + 100g of brown sugar.
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO HERE
Ingredients for cookies:
- 250 g cold butter
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 570 g flour 00
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 100 g liquid honey
- 30 ml orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cloves powder
- Melt the sugar with honey, orange juice and spices in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter cut into small pieces. Add the bicarbonate and mix quickly.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and let it cool. Then add the flour and the salt and knead.
- Store the dough in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Then roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it reaches a thickness of about 3 mm. Cut the biscuits with the shapes you prefer and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- With a toothpick, make a small hole on each biscuit at the apex, in case you want to hang them on the tree with a ribbon.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 170 ° C.
- Once cooked and cooled decorate with real icing.
Ingredients for real icing:
- Pour the egg white and sugar into a bowl and work at a minimum speed for 5 minutes.
- Depending on your preference (if you want the most liquid ice), add a few drops of water.
- Color the real ice at your leisure using gel dyes.
- Once the consistency and the desired color are obtained, you can decorate the cookies!
READ ALSO: Struffoli for Christmas!
If you want to give these cookies, wrap them with transparent paper and a nice Christmas bow! Always remember to write all the ingredients on a label to be tied to the package!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments if you tried to make them!